Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hand-made gift boxes

After searching for hours for just the perfect gift or lovingly making one, sometimes the wrapping has to be special too.

Not only are handmade boxes fun, but easy to make and so customizable. Simply choose paper that matches the mood of the gift or the personality of the recipient.

To make a 7x7x2 1/2 inch box you will need:

2 pieces of 12x12 card stock
1 piece of decorative 12x12 paper
Double stick tape
Ribbon or other embellishments.


Trim one piece of card stock by 1/4 of an inch. This way the bottom part fits smoothly into the top.

Then, using a ruler and dull point make a crease 2 1/2 inches from the edge along all four sides.

Tape the decorative paper to the other piece of card stock and crease as above.

Next, make a diagonal crease in each corner.








Fold the tips in and tape them to the sides.








(opt) Finish by tying the outside corners of the box with matching dmc floss. Tie with ribbon, add a gift tag and voila, you're done! Works for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look really neat. I'll have to try them some time. I suppose I could make some different sizes too. :)

Nikki said...

I am bookmarking this page. You did a beautiful job! And I especially like the little corners stitched like that!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Really? It is that easy?? I'm totally impressed. Thanks so much!!

Now if you want to pack those boxes up for shipping, come to my WFMW post Pack and Ship. It just so happens to be relevant.

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Anna you really made those?They are really neat:)
Look forward to seeing you in December!I almost know who everybody has:)
Bekka

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna I mean in the gift exchange! Sorry I didn't say that in the Comment I just did:)

Bekka

April said...

very nice!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

How cool! :D Thanks for sharing such a neat craft!

Have a great WFMW!
Sherry

SimplyBillie said...

Beautiful! I remember doing this with old Christmas cards when I was younger. With Cardstock, you can make a variety of sizes.