Friday, November 14, 2008

Chex mix

This sweet crunchy snack quickly became a family favorite and is great for parties and get togethers. I've even witnessed friends "fighting" for the last few pieces... ;)

Caramel Chex Mix

8 cups chex cereal
1 1/2 cups pretzels
3/4 cup peanuts
3/4 cup b. sugar
6 T butter
3 T c. syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda

Combine first three ingredients in large bowl. In saucepan, combine sugar, butter and syrup. Stir over medium heat until it begins boiling. Let boil for five minutes without stirring. Remove and add soda. Coat cereal mix. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes, stirring once.

Check out more recipes here.

4 comments:

WendyDarling said...

I love Chex Mix of any kind. I have never heard of this recipe though. It sounds wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good! I love Chex Mix too! I'll have to show Mama the recipe.
Lydia

Erik Hansen said...

How yummy!That looks so delicious! I miss you,Josh,and Rosalind!

~Rebekka~

Anonymous said...

That does sound good.:) We'll have to try it sometime.:) Thanks for sharing it.