Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home again

After bidding my family a fond farewell, Rosalind, William and I headed back down to Alabama early Friday morning. Joshua's mom and sweet sister Hannah made the long journey with us. I couldn't have asked for a better baby on the trip down and my one concern was that he was sleeping so well.

It was wonderful to finally pull up into our driveway again after months away from home and be reunited as a family. Rosalind walked right into her bedroom ready to play with her own toys again.

In the morning a surprise was waiting for her outside: a "new" bike (thanks Candace!). She simply couldn't get enough of it and Hannah is probably still sore from pushing her around for hours on end while Mom unpacked and cleaned and restocked our cupboards. Thank you!


Once the counters were visible in the kitchen again, Rosalind helped make bread.
...it was so yummy!


Thrilled though I am to be home again, we will sure miss everyone! Thank you for a wonderful summer.

5 comments:

A'yi said...

Oh Anna, what sweet pictures! I'm sure you are glad to be finally home after being gone for so long! I love the picture of Rosalie helping make bread! I'm still trying to figure out who she looks like in that one. She is growing up so quickly! Please kiss both little ones for their A'yi.:)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! I love the one of Rose washing dishes,too. I can't wait to see you guys again! Love you!

Lydia

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! I miss you SO much!
Give Rose and William a kiss for me!

Rebekka

natalie said...

Aww! Look at all that hair!
So happy for you that all went smoothly! :)

Candace said...

We are so glad to have you back, Anna!