Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Light bulb joys

Last night, the light bulb in the bathroom blew. Not that big of a deal, right? Well, yes it was. For, as I fumbled around in the dark trying to unscrew the fixture, I discovered.......... the outlet.


There it has been sitting unused all this time while I resorted to blow drying my hair in the hallway. Despite thoroughly searching the bathroom walls for the missing outlet, I never thought to look up.

This delightful discovery inspired me to clean the other light fixtures in the house.... maybe some other happy surprise was waiting for me.

Alas, there weren't any secret treasure maps or even a nugget of gold hidden behind the old-fashioned fixtures. But, I tackled a chore that kept getting put off and disposed of all those nasty little bugs.

This will make getting into bed [the only time one really notices the dirty light fixture, right?] much more pleasant.

Check out what others are tackling today here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Who would've thought? ;-)

Unknown said...

How weird! You learn something (or find something) new every day.

Anonymous said...

You must have an old home.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna, how I wish I could bring myself to clean our light fixtures. I hate bugs so much I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess I'll have to beg my mom to do it.

Anonymous said...

I had to smile about that, Anna. We don't have any strange outlets, but I've been places where they do.:) As for the bugs in the lights ... :) Why is it that bugs like to get fried in our lights?

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Yes, after two months living here, I feel quite smart to have finally discovered it. ;)Oh dear...

Good luck Candace! I suppose having all the little bugs collected in one place is better than having them perish all 'round the house, right?