Saturday, October 11, 2008

Organizing...

There's something so delightful about well organized closets and drawers. Just a few minutes spent rearranging supplies or tossing out old not-still-functioning ones makes the rest of life much simpler and more enjoyable.

While settling in to our new home, some areas were rather hastily organized... and two months of jumbling them up hasn't helped. So this week Rosalind and I determined to fix that.

Behind the curtain in the living room hides the Walgreen's stock pile, canned fruits and veggies and numerous other odds and ends that have no other home. After constantly fumbling to find a commonly used item nestled between things not yet touched, or trying to remember what food was on the second shelf and what on the fourth, it was definitely time to reorganize....


Hopefully now I will be able to grab a bag of tortilla chips without knocking down the winter hats or a spare water filter.

The next place of attack was the hall closet. For some reason, vitamins and scrapbooking supplies don't mix well, so the vitamins were reassigned to the living room [right at the end where they're still easily accessible-- I have been taking them faithfully. ;)]

After sorting and rearranging, the closet is ready for scrapbooking this Tuesday and "Rosalind's shelf" is child-friendly, while managing somehow to still be entertaining.


Why didn't I do this sooner?? Check out more Simplifying Saturday posts here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,Rosalind is so cute in that picture:)You are so organized! I wish I would always be that way:)

Love you!
Rebekka

Anonymous said...

Nice work Anna! I did some organizing too and saved some money doing it! I went through Sophia's clothes for the fall that I have been stockpiling for the last few years and found to my great delight that she needs very few things! Maybe two long sleeved shirts and a pair of shoes! Anywho, the moral of the comment is - organizing saves money (as well as stockpiling).

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to have things organized. The only problem for me, if that I'm not that organized.:} I'm sure Rosalie had fun helping.:)

Anonymous said...

Your organizing looks great! I love that you're a stockpiler, too. I'm in need of getting to my pantry and canning now that summer is over and fall is in full swing.